26–27 September 2017
This web site is published and operated by Automotive Knowledge Associates Limited (AKA).
Information We Collect
In operating our web site we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Details of your visits to our web site and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our web site, such as when you sign up to receive information or register to attend one of our conferences
- Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason
- Updating your account preferences.
AKA provides you with the ability to control whether or not to receive e-mail newsletters and to update your account preferences. Simply visit the My Account page and select the relevant option to update.
We may on occasion gather information regarding your computer whilst you are on our web site. This enables us to improve our services and to provide statistical information regarding the use of our website to our advertisers where appropriate.
Such information will not identify you personally it is statistical data about our visitors and their use of our site. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever.
Similarly, we may gather information about your general internet use by using a cookie file. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer automatically. This cookie file is stored on the hard drive of your computer as cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our web site and the service that we provide to you.
All computers have the ability to decline cookies. This can be done by activating the setting on your browser which enables you to decline the cookies. Please note that should you choose to decline cookies, you may be unable to access particular parts of our web site.
Use of Your Information
The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information requested from us, relating to our products or services. To provide information on other products which we feel may be of interest to you, where you have consented to receive such information.
- To meet our contractual commitments to you.
- To notify you about any changes to our web site, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service. If you are an existing customer, we may contact you with information about conferences or information services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
Further, we may use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, so that you can be provided with information about unrelated goods and services which we consider may be of interest to you. We or they may contact you about these goods and services by any of the methods that you consented at the time your information was collected.
If you are a new customer, we will only contact you or allow third parties to contact you only when you have provided consent and only by those means you provided consent for.
If you do not want us to use your data for our or third parties you will have the opportunity to withhold your consent to this when you provide your details to us on the form on which we collect your data.
Storing Your Personal Data
Data that is provided to us is stored on our secure servers. Details relating to any transactions entered into on our site will be encrypted to ensure its safety.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically and transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Disclosing Your Information
Where applicable, we may disclose your personal information to any member of our group. This includes, where applicable, our subsidiaries, our holding company and its other subsidiaries (if any).
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- Where we sell any or all of our business and/or our assets to a third party
- Where we are legally required to disclose your information
- To assist fraud protection and minimise credit risk.
Third Party Links
You might find links to third party web sites on our web site. These web sites should have their own privacy policies which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
Access To Information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access the information that we hold about you. Please note that any demand for access may be subject to payment of a fee of £10 which covers our costs in providing you with the information requested. Should you wish to receive details that we hold about you please write to us at:
Data Protection Officer
17 Hanover Square
London W1S 1BN
Unsubscribing From eMails
If at any time you wish to have your information removed from our active databases, please send a mail with the word “UNSUBSCRIBE” in the message header to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also unsubscribe any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of all our email communication.
Automotive Knowledge Associates Limited
Company Registration Number: 8611135
7/10 Chandos Street
London W1G 9DQ